British food in the US

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Mon May 3 22:10:00 EDT 2004

On Tue, 4 May 2004, Judith Ridge wrote:

|When I was staying in Redwood City (just north of San Francisco) last month,
|the people I were staying with did some shopping in a very flash supermarket
|that had a whole bay dedicated to imported British groceries. I bet they had
|golden syrup. I'll email my friend and ask her the name of the up-market
|supermarket; it may well be a chain.

We get Lyle's Golden Syrup at Cardullo's (the fancy-shmancy store that
sells top of the line food but also caters to expats so sells Heinz
Mushy Peas) and at the Irish aisle of some of the larger grocery stores,
between the Terry's choc orange bars and under the Cadbury's drinking
chocolate, which powder I eat, with a spoon, from the tin.

Mmm, chocolate.

-deborah
--
This is St. Gulik. He is the Messenger of the Goddess. A different age from
ours called him Hermes. Many people called him by many names. He is a