weird foreign foods

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon May 3 22:07:41 EDT 2004

On 4/5/04 11:58 AM, "Devra at aol.com" <Devra at aol.com> wrote:

> Do you need the muesli (which I believe is rather like granola cereal) in the
> flapjack, or is that optional?  Would you increase the amount of oats if
> leaving out the muesli?
>
> What is a jaffle?  At first I thought a sort of waffle, but bolognese?
>    Devra (always interested in food and cooking)

It's a toasted sandwich, but a real jaffle is cooked in a jaffle iron over
an open flame, rather than in an electronic toasted sandwich maker. If you
do a google image search on jaffle iron, you'll see pictures of jaffle irons
(I have a round one as well as the square ones you can see). If you do a
standard google on jaffle iron you'll get various websites dedicated to the
humble, yet unbeatable jaffle.

Judith Ridge
Editorial Staff
The School Magazine