Golden syrup, and other-sorts-of-flapjack

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 3 15:49:47 EDT 2004

In Canada, you can get Tate & Lyle Golden Syrup from the grocery
store.  It would probably be available in large grocery stores in
the USA too. It is definitely different from molasses in flavour
(lighter, no bitter note), colour (golden-y), and consistency
(more runny).  It will absolutely behave differently in recipes
from molasses, so I don't recommend subsitution unless you are
feeling experimental and you don't care if it turns out.

Allison