Flapjack recipe

Anna Clare McDuff amcduff at math.sunysb.edu
Mon May 3 09:30:43 EDT 2004

On Mon, 3 May 2004, Ian W. Riddell wrote:

> Thanks! I can get those. In fact, I've got molasses on my shelf waiting
> for something to be done with it!

	Unless your molasses is really light molasses, you might want to
think about mixing corn syrup and honey together for an approximation of
golden syrup, which has the texture of molasses while tasting more like
corn syrup, though it has slightly more flavour than corn syrup which I
remember as being quite bland. Dark molasses will be delicious too I'm
sure, but the flapjacks will taste a bit different, they'll be slightly
bitter with a rich treacle flavour.

	Anna