Flapjack recipe

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Mon May 3 08:29:10 EDT 2004

For those of us on this side of the pond, what would be an American
equivalent to "golden syrup"? Corn syrup? Is there and
American/Canadian equivalent?

thanks

widdy
(who's really wanting to try this recipe!!)

On Monday, May 3, 2004, at 03:18  AM, Charles Butler wrote:

> Original Flapjacks
>
> Prep and cook time: Up to 30 mins
>
> Serves: 8
>
> Ingredients
> 50g butter
> 25g demerara sugar
> 25g golden syrup
> 50g rolled oats
> 50g original muesli
>
> Method
> Preheat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
>
> Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add in the remaining ingredients,
> mix
> well.
>
> Spread the mixture into a 18cm shallow square tin.
>
> Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown in
> colour.
>
> Remove from the oven, mark into 8 fingers and leave to cool in the tin
> before removing.
>

> Enjoy! (For cherry flapjacks - add cherries!)
>
> Charlie
>
> --

Human speech is like a cracked kettle on which we tap crude rhythms for
bears to dance to, while we long to make music that will melt the
starts.
- Gustave Flaubert
Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net