Joan Aiken

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Tue Mar 23 18:45:24 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/23/04 1:01:06 PM Central Standard Time, Hallie writes:

> Philip Ardagh mentioned that Joan Aiken had written the
> books over a period of 40 years in a  review of _Midwinter
> Nightingale_.  Wolves was published in '62, so if Simon is in _The
> Witch of Clattering Shaws_ he'll be 43 I reckon.

I wonder if the body count is any lower in the last book. I read _The Stolen
Lake_ and _Midwinter Nightingale_ just recently, and I couldn't believe how
different they were from the early books. In _The Wolves of Willoughby Chase_ I
don't think anyone even dies, except one of the wolves.

I really dislike what that series became, I'm afraid.

Helen Schinske