Amulet of Samarkand

Ulrika Isacsson miri at home.se
Tue Mar 23 14:03:39 EST 2004

Robyn Starkey wrote:

> Just wanted to say a great big thank you to the people on the list who
> recommended it. Fantastic. I loved it. It was like a cross between
> Pullman, Rowling and Pratchett. I liked the footnotes, and I also
> loved the morally ambiguous nature of the hero. Can hardly wait for
> book 2.
>
> Robyn

Thanks from me too. I got it for Christmas (by pointing and saying to my
boyfriend "I want THAT one" when he had absolutely no idea of what to
get me) and loved it. I have to say that the footnotes was a bit
irritating at first, a bit too Pratchett. But then I got used to them
and by the end I even liked them.

//Ulrika