Long Lived Characters

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 16 21:04:02 EST 2004

I'm at work so can't check my copy of Elsie J. Oxenham's 'Two Queens of the
Abbey" (published 1959) to see if Cicely Hobart appears in it. She first
appeared in "Girls of the Hamlet Club" by the same author, published in
1910. If so, she 'lived' 49 years, but gradually became a more peripheral
character after the first book.
Regards
Elizabeth.