More OT: Regional Prejudices was Re: OT: New Bujold Story

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 14:46:26 EST 2004

I thought Tasmania was too easy a target, but
Queensland has a bit of a reputation too (and besides
the story was about Queensland). I suspect that city
dwellers think much the same of anywhere that doesn't
have streetlights. In Toronto (NSW) where I live they
they say this sort of thing of Awaba, a small town
only a couple of Km away. The kids come to the school
I teach at, and while there are many new, affluent,
families buying up farms in the area (now only an hour
from the northern suburbs of Sydney) the old Awaba
families are all related - and with some of the kids
it shows.

Jon