More OT: Regional Prejudices was Re: OT: New Bujold Story

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Mar 16 10:00:55 EST 2004

On Monday, March 15, 2004, at 02:43 PM, Jon Noble wrote [not to be taken
seriously]:

> Look we are talking Queensland here, where marrying
> someone who is not a close relative is seen as a
> dangerous southern notion and the only book with any
> literary merit is the Bible. Indeed the most suprising
> thing is the information that there is a library in
> Queensland.

Oh, my.  Regional stereotypes I'm not familiar with.
The regional stereotypes I _am_ familiar with associate
this sort of thing with the south.

As in:  why does a redneck go to the family reunion?
To get dates.

My personal fave is the Arkansas [or whatever locale
you choose to associate this with] definition of a
virgin:  a girl who can run faster than her brothers.