OT: New Bujold Story

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Tue Mar 16 00:49:34 EST 2004

>Not to mention that Bujold doesn't praise *any* lifestyle choice to the
>stars, except possibly parenting (she does get a bit worshipful of
>parenting).

Yes, and yet has some totally wacky and unrealistic ideas about motherhood,
and the relationship between mothers and infants. The one thing about
Bujold that annoys me is that no one in her books is allowed to dissent on
the use of the uterine replicator. I find this whole "there's no
difference, and there's no dispute" line just stupid. Of course there would
be dispute. How do you measure parental attachment, and can you compare?
Given that babies in the womb can hear, how can being in a can with fake
sounds not be different? Why do none of the women breastfeed, given the
"indisputable" evidence that it is better? ETC.

Robyn