Re feminisms (back on topic)

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 21:20:05 EST 2004

Ika wrote on queer theory

<Christopher Chant/Chrestomanci,
|for instance, is depicted neither as a specimen
of the type
|'heterosexual', despite marrying Milly, nor as a

specimen of the type
|'homosexual', despite being in love with Uncle
Ralph and Tacroy.>

Um a little confused with the use of "in love
with" here, does it have a wider meaning in queer
theory?

Ika

<I always thought Shine was a huge dyke,
actually>

Yes I'm not sure Quentin had entirely thought
things out when he sent the male bodyguards
along.....

Ika
<And Miss Potter's* adoration of Dillian is a
nice
balance/contrast to
Fifi's of Archer - though I guess their
relationship, such as it is, isn't
quite as openly acknowledged as Fifi & Archer's:
ie, Miss Potter doesn't make it onto the
spaceship>

I think it was quite one sided, I'm sure Dillian
would have had a good old titter at poor Miss
Potter behind her back.

Ika, with lots of interesting F and H gender
issues snipped:

"......and then class comes into F&H as well
(actually, I think it might be the most
class-aware of DWJ's novels).

The class issues in F and H are very well
embedded but I think the most class aware
would actually be Drowned Ammet, followed by Cart
and Cwidder but, irrc, Ika you haven't read the
Dalemark books yet.

=====
Ven