OT: New Bujold Story

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 16:53:20 EST 2004

Speaking of Bujold, there has been a mention on
another list of a rumour of Bujold being banned in the
Aussie state of Queensland. No one on that list (which
includes quite a few Banana benders [as Queenslanders
are known]) had any knowledge of anything of that
sort, nor can I find any reference to it, although I
note that Ethan of Athos has been subject to "multiple
challenges" in the US. Its not one I've read, although
I note the plot seems similar to that of a '60s Aussie
SF novel by Bert Chandler, "False Fatherland" aka
"Spartan Planet".

Jon