OT feminisms

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 12 23:12:42 EST 2004

>She also writes female villains... both strong and Ivy/clinging types. I've
>never read DWJ as a feminist writer. I think she does human characters,
>without let or hindrance.

I would define this as feminist. I don't think feminists are women who
think that all women have to be good, or portrayed as good. In fact, that
would strike me as an antiquated, Victorian stereotype.

So now we are back to the definition of terms, thing. I don't want to make
any nasty comments about ill-educated prejudices, so I won't get into the
debate.

Robyn