OT - Meredith Ann Pierce - now with spoilers

Thu Mar 4 23:25:08 EST 2004

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:54:28 -0700, Robyn Starkey wrote:

>>That's part of what I mean by *Evil* Feminism--the variety described by
>>Irina, where you're allowed to have choice as long as you make the "right"
>>choice.
>
>We call those "maggot choices" in our house, after my mother (nicknamed
>maggot) who is a master of them. She does it for both big issues and little
>ones (like: you want juice or milk? Well, you can't have juice.) When
>called on it, she actually said she wanted to give us the illusion of choice.

My kids would rise up in revolt if I tried that.  Not because they are
allowed to revolt, but because I already torment them enough as it is.  My
oldest is notably lacking in a sense of humor when she says "I'm tired" and
I say "Really?  You look like Teleri to me."  I think it's hilarious.

>>Melissa Proffitt
>>(still procrastinating at 9:08 a.m.)
>
>This is actually very impressive. Some of us are not awake enough to have
>procrastinated at all by this time of the morning.

It's a miracle facilitated by some jerk calling me way too early in the
morning today.  Plus I'm not supposed to do email on school mornings,
because I get distracted and then there are children wondering if we are
ever going to have a math test, or what.  All the rules are going by the way
this week; my big academic conference is tomorrow and Saturday, and there
are still some key things to do.  Ugh.  I should be writing another award
citation, but I'd rather just eat dinner--unfortunately no bread products in
the house, so no toasted-cheese-fallback meal....

Melissa Proffitt