Does anyone recognise this ?

mks at brisingamen.demon.co.uk mks at brisingamen.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 07:51:28 EST 2004

I'm wondering if this rings any bells with anyone. I've had this query
passed on to me but I don't really recognise it.

"I keep trying to remember the name of a book I read some time ago,
and
quite frankly it's driving me nuts. All I remember is that it involved
sort of seaweed-covered pony (a kelpie?) that came out of a lake at
night
and was tamed by a little girl who made it a bridle, possibly out of
shells. She had to keep it a secret... although she possibly shared a
room with other children, on a school trip to scotland? I'm sorry to
be
so horribly vague, but it was a while ago."

Maureen

Maureen Kincaid Speller
Folkestone, Kent, UK