OT - Meredith Ann Pierce - no spoilers any more

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 4 05:14:40 EST 2004

On Thursday 04 March 2004 11:04, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

> I think the reason no thought of feminism came to my mind is that I
> associate feminism with choice.  (And I'd also call myself a
> feminist, though never an Evil one, of course. :)

Thank you, thank you! You've just given me words to explain why I don't
call myself a feminist. I associate feminism with people making my
choices for me. If you want to stay home and look after kids instead of
going out to a job, you're unliberated; if you want to wear a headscarf
in church you're oppressed; if you want to marry a man you're cheating
your sisters. That's the brand of feminism I was brought up on, and I
don't want any of it.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 03-Mar-2004