evoking emotion - Spielberg

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 19:47:20 EST 2004

In a message dated 3/3/2004 5:12:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-dwj-digest at suberic.net writes:

> I think if you know a scene
> or situation ought to make you more emotionally involved than you are, maybe
> that's not such an unreasonable demand.

Kind of makes me remember watching "E.T" and noticing how they'd set up the
end scenes to evoke a certain reaction--grouping the mother and the
father/figure, the older brother and the sister....  I hate when I see the artifice
that's set up, rather than being emotionally struck by the art (if you see the
distinction I'm trying to make...)
     Devra, who has now confused herself too

Devra Langsam
www.poisonpenpress.com