Slightly OT: Nebula Awards

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Mar 1 09:00:46 EST 2004

Melissa:

>I liked _Crescent City Rhapsody_, which is the only other thing I've read by
>Kathleen Goonan, so I'm looking forward to hers.  Never read anything by
>Emshwiller or Hopkinson.  I'm not--I have to say this carefully--I have
>liked a lot of what Elizabeth Moon writes, but I'm not enough of a fan to
>rush out and buy every new book, so I'm not really eager for _Speed of
>Dark_.

Do you have any preference for her space opera or fantasy?  I like
the former much more than the latter, but have never exactly figured
out why.  If you shared the preference, you could save me the bother
of trying. :)  Of course if you've the opposite preference, I'm in
twice as much mental trouble...

Hallie.