We have lift-off.

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Jun 30 17:07:38 EDT 2004

Gili said:
<snip>
The character in a DWJ book I've most identified with up to now was the
mother in "A Pride of Peacocks", the one who washes the dishes while
rereading "Mill on the Floss". I can't explain why I felt an instant
affinity to her. I doubt she's one of the possibilities in the quiz. Now I
have to go back and reread the story and do the quiz again as her to find
out if she's Heather too.

Is this a DWJ book I haven't read? I looked the title up in the national
bibliographic database but could only come up with one written by Jeanne
Whitmee, which has the following subject headings:
 Women's Land Army (Great Britain) -- Fiction.
 Illegitimate children -- England -- London -- Fiction.
 Agriculture -- England -- Suffolk -- Fiction.
 Adultery -- England -- Suffolk -- Fiction.
 Love stories.

This doesn't sound like the DWJ we know and love. Is there another book of
the same title?

Regards
Elizabeth.