Harry Potter as DWJ character (was Re: We have lift-off.)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Jun 30 06:50:35 EDT 2004

Allison wrote:

>> Yes, I always felt that Harry Potter's family bore a striking
>> resemblance to David's!!  Enough to make me wonder if JKR had
>> been influenced by it when writing HP.

and Sallyo replied

>Doubt it, Allison. It's a fairly general kind of fantasy situation.

Not to mention that we know from legal authority, on that website someone
pointed out, that JKR has never read any of DWJ's books (poor woman).

Which I believe absolutely.

I am now going to go and clear all the reindeer-droppings off the roof, and
then make sure none of the little people with gauzy wings and wands are
playing with the eternal bonfire in the unplesaunce at the bottom of the
garden.

Minnow