OT: sandman query

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 27 04:12:09 EDT 2004

I'm a Gaiman beginner too (have read four so far), and I don't think you
have to read them in order - Lord konws I don't. And they're all pretty good
(though A Game of You is "keep the light on" icky at times), so that would
probably be a matter of individual taste.

But if I'm to give an advice, I say starting with an anthology of shorts
might be a good idea, to give you many different angles quickly. Myself, I
started with "Endless Nights", which is actually the last one, and it gave
me an introduction to the main characters that was pretty useful. Another
anthology that would work much in the same way is "Fables & Reflections" -
all the stories are self-contained, and the Sandman and his siblings don't
necessarily play big parts in all of them, but you get very good
introductions there as well.

As for the earliest stories, I still haven't read them, so I can't tell you
anything about them...

Katta

http://www.geocities.com/katta_hj

Don't condemn. Don't give in. Reason.