FW: Margaret Mahy and Diana Wynne Jones

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Thu Jun 17 05:33:27 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 02:40:53PM -0400, Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) wrote:
>> The Lives of Christopher Chant:
>> - Nebula Award
>I don't think this can be right!  I've never heard of DWJ winning a Nebula and it's the sort of thing publishers tend to put on book covers.  I also did a web search on Nebula winners and DWJ's name was not on the list.

The canonical list is at http://www.sfwa.org/awards/archive/pastwin.htm,
and she doesn't appear there.

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 11:22:22PM +0200, Katarina Hj?rpe wrote:

>It's not very specific - my guess is that it was a nominee, not a win?

There's a link from the SFWA web site to the final ballots since the
1960s, and DWJ does not appear in that list. However, the Nebulas also
have a preliminary ballot stage, 2-3 times as large, and that may be
what HarperCollins is referring to.

Roger