C.S. Lewis on royalty

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Wed Jun 16 19:38:27 EDT 2004

On 15/6/04 5:46 PM, "Charles Butler" <hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk>
wrote:

> Thanks Sally and Judith for your detective work - at least I know I didn't
> make it up!
>
> My only other clue is that I also remember it being cited by Walter Hooper
> in one his Lewis books - probably the biography - so I'll have a look there,
> if I can find a copy!
>
> Charlie

In my meanderings in search of the reference, I came across a site which
dissed Hooper badly (pardon the Americanism) saying he didn't have the close
relationship with Lewis he claimed and that his books were therefore not to
be trusted. I didn't read further but it sparked my interest. Is there a
scandal or is this just bitchery?

Judith