FW: Margaret Mahy and Diana Wynne Jones

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jun 15 21:17:41 EDT 2004

Hello everybody

I forwarded Jackie's email to my sister who is another DWJ fan. Can any
experts give a definitive answer to her question? I have a feeling that DWJ
has won awards, but I don't know exactly what, or for which books.

Regards
Elizabeth.
____

How exciting! Fire & Hemlock, eh?  Have any of her other books won
awards?  Posthumously or otherwise?
____

Hi everyone--

I just returned from the Children's Literature Association conference,
where the Phoenix Award winner and runner up for 2005 were announced.
You can imagine my excitement to hear that they were:

Winner:  Margaret Mahy for Catalog of the Universe

and....

Honor Book:  Diana Wynne Jones for Fire and Hemlock

Yay!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who aren't familiar with this award, it is given by
ChLA
to the most outstanding book published twenty years previously that did
not win any major awards at the time of publication, but which has come
to be recognized as a book of high literary merit.

For more information about the award or about ChLA, here is the website:

http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/chla/.index.html

Congratulations!!!!

The information contained in this email and any additional attachments is
confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient then you must not use, disseminate, distribute or copy any
information contained in this email or any attachments. If you receive this
email in error, please destroy it immediately and contact us . Thank you.