Margaret Mahy and Diana Wynne Jones

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Tue Jun 15 10:35:03 EDT 2004

Hi everyone--

I just returned from the Children's Literature Association conference,
where the Phoenix Award winner and runner up for 2005 were announced.
You can imagine my excitement to hear that they were:

Winner:  Margaret Mahy for Catalog of the Universe

and....

Honor Book:  Diana Wynne Jones for Fire and Hemlock

For those of you who aren't familiar with this award, it is given by ChLA
to the most outstanding book published twenty years previously that did
not win any major awards at the time of publication, but which has come
to be recognized as a book of high literary merit.

For more information about the award or about ChLA, here is the website:

http://ebbs.english.vt.edu/chla/.index.html

Congratulations!!!!

Jackie Stallcup