Carnegie medals

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jun 15 05:13:26 EDT 2004

Has anyone read any of the shortlisted YA books? I've read The Dog in the Night-Time but not the others- I may pick them up if I see them in the library, but are they worth actively seeking out?

David Almond, Fire Eaters
Jennifer Donelly, A Gathering Light
Mark Haddon, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
Elizabeth Laird, The Garbage King
Mivhael Morpurgo, Private Peaceful
Linda Newbery, Sisterland

Apparently all of them are "crossover" titles (enjoyed by adults as well as children). I don't know if that means that they are especially good or just that these days some people have got over not wanting to read children's books!
Jennifer