Margaret Mahy

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Tue Jun 15 01:37:34 EDT 2004

Well, I once told her daughter her mum was #1 on my list of authors to
strangle on my way to the top... It was a joke, of course.

I admire her very much, but I consider her four authors rather than one. She
writes whimsical picture books, wild, wacky middle readers, intelligent
senior children's books and sublime YA fantasy. It's the fourth attribute I
value most. The Changeover is one of my all time favourite books.

Sallyo.