C.S. Lewis on royalty

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Jun 14 22:22:55 EDT 2004

On 15/6/04 12:13 PM, "Sally Odgers" <sodgers at tassie.net.au> wrote:

> OK... but have a look at this. Maybe the book itself gives the attrib?
>
> QUOTE
> " was stirred the other day by a statement by C.S.Lewis, quoted in Freeman's
> 'The Traditionalist's Anthology': "Monarchy can easily be debunked, but
> watch the faces, mark well the accents of the debunkers. These are the men
> whose taproot in Eden has been cut, whom no
>
> END OF QUOTE.
>
> Sallyo

It's driving me nuts. There are heaps of examples of this quote on the net
but no attributions. I did find one site that attributed it to "Equality" in
The Spectator, but the date of publication was 2001 ‹ although that may have
been the day the quote was listed as "Christian quote of the day". It also
talks about "A short series on authenticity".

Anyway, better do some work instead of driving myself nuts on google!

Judith