C.S. Lewis on royalty

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Mon Jun 14 17:33:26 EDT 2004

I wonder if any of you learned DWJers out there can help me track down a
reference? I read it in C.S. Lewis ages ago (possibly a book of essays or a
theological book - not lit. crit. or fiction, I think) and it goes something
like this:

"Monarchy is easy to debunk. But note the accents, mark the tone, of the
debunkers. These are men whose taproot in Eden has been cut, men to whom
pebbles laid in a straight line are more beautiful than pebbles laid out in
an arch..."

And much more of the same kind. Does it ring any bells out there? It would
save me a lot of laborious rereading!

Charlie