DWJ's birthday

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 18 20:22:20 EDT 2004

Replying to Charlie Gili wrote

> I remember reading something about a birthday
gift that was prepared for
> Astrid Lindgren. People from all over Sweden
submitted drawings and
> greetings - I think the rule was they all had
to be on standard sized
> paper - and the whole package was bound
together as a humungous "birthday
> book". Perhaps we could do that? I would
volunteer to coordinate this,
> except perhaps it makes sense that the
organiser live somewhere that does
> not force *everyone* to use overseas post...>

Charlie replied

<Sounds like a good idea - although, as you say,
it might make more sense for
someone UK-based to do the co-ordinating. I'd be
happy to take that on, if
there are enough people who want to take part>

I'm in. The Tim Powers list did something similar
with hometown postcards for one of his birthdays.
 The coordinator put them on a website..........
but only if you have the time Charlie..........

=====
Ven