OT: Ika's Cuaron quote

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Jul 16 18:46:18 EDT 2004

Ika wrote some stuff, and my vague reply is

1) Paul and Widdy really said what I would have said, and
2) It was me, not Kyra. I realize we're confusing, especially since we
actually know each other in real life.

I will also note, however, that when movie-Lupin was talking to Harry
about his parents, it seemed to me like he talked much more about Lily, in
a very adoring way. So I think that counts as a portrayal of a
relationship with a woman.

But really what I meant in the first place was that Lupin's goodbye
speech sounded *modeled* on a "parents wouldn't like me teaching here if
they found out I was gay" speech, but it works as a literal "parents
wouldn't like a werewolf teacher" speech as well. Which is what other
people said, better.

Don't mind me, I'm just grumpy at other people.