OT: Ika's Cuaron quote

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Fri Jul 16 09:12:14 EDT 2004

(On whether or not Remus Lupin is gay)

Well, for my two cents worth. I don't think that Lupin actually IS gay,
either in the books or the movie (frankly, I don't thing Rowling would
dare go there). I do think that (1) the secretive, double life that
Lupin lives is at least parallel to (if not an intentional metaphor
for) the secretive, double life a gay man would be living in that
situation and (2) that the director and actors of the movie played the
part as if he were a gay man in that situation, as they probably have
no experience with werewolves ;-)

All I know is that watching that final scene with Lupin, my partner and
I turned to each other and gave each other one of those "aha - we've
been there" looks.

Just my two cents

widdy
In short, if newspapers were written by people whose sole object in
writing was to tell the truth about politics and the truth about art we
should not believe in war, and we should believe in art.
Virginia Woolf
Three Guineas