OT: Ika's Cuaron quote

Miss Aimee Smith s4028253 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Jul 15 21:37:58 EDT 2004

I see what people mean and how his character may have been interpreted in this light by some readers. Confirmation of a social analogy would add new and interesting depth to the book. But I'd wait for confirmation before labelling Lupin as anything other than a werewolf. It may be an analogy, but that might only mean werewolfism is a symbol of homosexuality, rather than that Lupin is both a werewolf and homosexual within the actual story. Besides, where is the proof? What has JKR got to say? In the final count, I think I would choose to believe what she says before other interpretations.
Aimee, skeptical.
:)