DWJ's birthday

Charles Butler hannibal at thegates.fsbusiness.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 08:43:04 EDT 2004

Gili
> I remember reading something about a birthday gift that was prepared for
> Astrid Lindgren. People from all over Sweden submitted drawings and
> greetings - I think the rule was they all had to be on standard sized
> paper - and the whole package was bound together as a humungous "birthday
> book". Perhaps we could do that? I would volunteer to coordinate this,
> except perhaps it makes sense that the organiser live somewhere that does
> not force *everyone* to use overseas post...

Sounds like a good idea - although, as you say, it might make more sense for
someone UK-based to do the co-ordinating. I'd be happy to take that on, if
there are enough people who want to take part. For future reference, my
address is:

Charlie Butler
School of English and Drama
UWE, St Matthias Campus
Fishponds
Bristol BS16 2JP
United Kingdom

(I'm putting my work address, as this *is* a public list, after all.)

Charlie