OT: Ika's Cuaron quote

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jul 14 21:48:19 EDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Miss Aimee Smith wrote:

> Ika quotes:

> > "He's your favorite gay uncle that does smack"
> > - Cuaron on Remus Lupin
>
> Where on Earth did you get this quote?!

Phear my leet google skillz!

It's from a radio interview Cuaron did:

"We were always working for the honesty of the moment. Even if they're
wizards, ultimately their emotions are very human. And from the
get-go, we established that relationship with the actors. For
instance, Professor Lupin, played by David Thewlis... we said that
he's your favorite gay uncle who does smack."

This blog has a bit about the interview and a link to where it's
available as streaming audio on the radio station's web site:
http://www.jonahweiland.com/#404

This blog also mentions the interview and links to an mp3 bootleg of
the interview:
http://www.metrokitty.com/index.php?id=131

What I found interesting, while I was tracking it down, was the number
of people who thought (or - bearing in mind that many of them were
'shippers of various stripes - chose to appear to think) that Cuaron
meant it literally.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."