Horn Book (advance?) alert

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon Jul 12 09:50:11 EDT 2004

The July/August issue of *The Horn Book* contains an article by DWJ
(originally delivered as a speech at Cambridge in August last year, and
adapted from that) entitled "Birthing a Book", and I think it would be of
interest to people who like her work.  It "feels" very like the way she
talks about things, too, which means that it's fun.

The cover says "July/August", but I don't know what that means in terms of
when it will be possible to lay hands on it.  She gave me her advance copy
because of course having the original text she doesn't need the printed
one.

I don't want to discuss the content unless other people have it available
too, but put down a marker on "This might be worth talking over when more
of us have read it".

Minnow