"Imagine -- Unsuitable for Children"

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Wed Jul 7 09:38:45 EDT 2004

Minnow wrote:

>>After thinking it over for a couple of days I'm still dubious about this
analogy.

It was a weak analogy and flawed to boot, I was stretching to make a point I
hadn't quite thought out. I suppose the comparison I was trying to draw was
to a certain *aspect* of addiction, which is that people can become slaves
to their addiction. But of course I accept your reservations, entering into
an addiction is a completely different from being taken into slavery.

>>I actually find it profoundly disturbing to correlate involuntary
servitude
with voluntary addiction,

I didn't mean to suggest anything upsetting or offensive, and hope my
half-baked thoughts were taken in the spirit intended; if not, I apologize.