short stories

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Tue Jul 6 14:33:41 EDT 2004

Meredith:

>I just happened to know where to put my hands on my copy, and the edition
>which has got Abu Ali Meets a Dragon, from the Land of Green Ginger, is the
>Kingfisher. I've got the 1995 paperback, it says there's a 1994 hardback,
>but surely that would have the same stories?

Thanks, Meredith.  Unfortunately, they *all* seem to be Kingfishers.
I think the one you have must be the one I gave away, and somehow
I've managed to acquire and keep a US copy - 1994.  Amazon.co.uk
shows two editions, both of which are said to be paperbacks: the 1995
cover is closer to the one I have, and has a red dragon across a
green background - a river, some castle-like buildings, and a ring of
standing stones.  The other, which Amazon says is 1994, has a more
orange dragon with its wings spread and a spotted tail curled around
a rocky peak.  Odd that it was reprinted so soon, if there was
actually a 1994 paperback.

Hallie.