We have lift-off.

Kyla Tornheim kyla at sccs.swarthmore.edu
Fri Jul 2 10:59:24 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Irina Rempt wrote:

> But I already have Warlock at the Wheel and Minor Arcana (and Stopping
> for a Spell but that's irrelevant) so I've always been reluctant to
> shell out the full price for a book just to get a few new stories, as
> well as a lot of old stories. I wish publishers would simply not
> publish overlapping collections.

Well, the reason they published Unexpected Magic is to deal with there
being so many uncollected stories, as well as stories in various
collections.

> And if I understand it right, the only thing in Everard's Ride that I
> don't have already is the essay, and I'm not going to shell out the
> full price of a book for *that*.

I understand not wanting to get a book just for one essay, but Everard's
Ride the novella is only in that book and Unexpected Magic. Unexpected
Magic also has five other stories that aren't in Warlock at the Wheel or
Minor Arcana.