Now terminally OT (was Re: Howl's Moving Castle soundtrack)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sun Jan 25 11:15:32 EST 2004

Roger riposted (no, not reposted)

>On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 02:49:16PM +0000, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
>>Roger wrote:
>>>Fish fingers?
>>At dawn, sirrah, and breakfast for one afterwards!
>With all due respect, the only way a minnow can kill a firedrake in a
>conventional duel is by the latter choking on the bones of the former.
>This does not seem to me a terribly even or interesting contest, and I
>shouldn't be able to hold my head up on the list again...

I have a feeling that to eat one's opponent is considered fairly
unacceptable duelling practice in the Best Circles -- or come to that, in
any circles at all.

>>Now, *that* was rather frightening, in case he choked; but I think a
>>similar treatment might be appropriate for your case.  I wonder how many
>>standard-sized fish-fingers I need to buy?
>Two questions to answer that:
>Am I allowed to swallow while the stuffing is going on?

If you can; he apparently couldn't.  I obviously need to invest for the
occasion in a fish-finger-ballista, to speed the whole business of
insertion up, or possibly a fish-finger-hose.  I wonder if they have them
at Brandon Tool Hire.... <ponders>  Would having *very large* fish-fingers
made specially be allowable?

>Is tartare sauce involved?

No.  That would definitely be cheating.  They have to be dry.

As a matter of interest, given an absence of any liquid to wash them down
with how many digestive biscuits at the same time do you think you would be
able to eat?  Not that I'm planning anything you understand, just that it
would be an interesting datum.  Ahem.

Minnow