Fisher's _The Oracle_

Sat Jan 24 21:40:47 EST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:16:41 +0000, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>I'm stubbornly refusing to allow the miserable to rise to
>consciousness, let alone 'screaming self-consciousness', (as Ven so
>aptly put it) on the matter of punctuation in order to enthuse about
>a book.  Lizzie asked about books as described in the subject-line a
>few weeks ago, and I've since seen that _The Oracle_ is going to be
>published in the States in March, as _The Oracle Betrayed_ (not an
>improvement, IMO).  In hardcover, which seems daft.   If you can find
>it in a local library, I'd highly recommend a read.

I don't care what they call it as long as I can FINALLY get a copy here.
I've been wanting to read it since you first mentioned it...if I like it, I
may pester you for the loan of the sequel.  Or, who knows, maybe my book
budget will have increased.  I'm back to having a lot of books I want to buy
after a period where I felt I had already acquired all the really urgent
stuff.  Well, my birthday's coming up...maybe I will get presents.

Melissa Proffitt