Checking in

HSchinske at aol.com HSchinske at aol.com
Thu Jan 22 15:25:49 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/22/2004 11:19:47 AM Pacific Standard Time, Minnow
writes:

> A lake is mentioned as the setting, on p433.  So technically they ought not
> to be mer-anythings, I suppose.  Can someone please tell me if there is a
> proper word for a fresh-water-dwelling person?  Lorelei?  Do those have
> male counterparts?

Nixies, I think. That's what the Rheinmaidens are, aren't they? But if the
merfolks are half fish, that might be something else. I don't think nixies have
fish tails. Hmmm.

Helen Schinske, reading her first DWJ digest in what seems like weeks and
weeks