Checking in

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jan 22 14:39:19 EST 2004

> It's not that a concept is repeated like that. That's . ..  ok . . .
> it's that a fairly basic word is used twice within two sentences when
> it would have been just as easy and accurate and more . . . stylish . .
> . to rephrase the second sentence. Sparked a "She really needs a better
> editor" response in me.

*snort* though sometimes when people stretch to avoid it, it's jarring.

For instance, in Tamora Pierce's _Squire_, at one point Kel is armoring up
her knight master, and says, "Left arm please" or something like that, and
Pierce has him holding out 'the requested limb' or somesuch. Jars me every
time I get to that paragraph.

-- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens
can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has..."
-- Margaret Mead