Jon Snow (was Re: Checking in)

mecha godscylla mechagodscylla at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 14:21:55 EST 2004

Ian wrote:

>My theory has to do with Jon's parentage. I know we haven't been told  who
>his mother is explicitly, but I'll lay odds that it's really Lyanna  Stark
>(Eddard's sister) and that his father is the Targaryen who raped  her (I
>can't remember which one it was now). Which makes Jon and  Daenerys very
>closely related. Several times Eddard thinks about the  "price" he paid for
>keeping Jon's secret. I don't think the price is  losing Jon's mother. I
>think the price is the loss of his honor because  he's pretending that he
>had a bastard child.

Yes! I think so too.  Can't wait to see how that comes out.

>My question is, who's left alive who knows this truth? Maester Aemon
>perhaps? Stannis or Renly? Someone in Dorne.

Ah torture!  I never considered that question!

>Now I really can't wait till the end!

Hmm - let me check what he is saying now about the next book. I haven't
checked in about a year because it is just too painful.  Hmm, an update was
added on January 4. He's not done yet, but he has 911 pages. It won't let me
direct link to the update, but: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

Sigh. Well, I am glad he is focusing on quality instead of speed.  I feel
sure we will get Feast for Crows some time this year.  Perhaps in time for
your birthday!

Elise