Joan Aiken, vague spoiler for Midwinter Nightingales (and real spoiler for series)

jackie e stallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Tue Jan 13 13:35:47 EST 2004

I suppose that I would almost have to say the same thing.  I loved,
absolutely loved the books up to Cuckoo's nest.  Starting with the Stolen
Lake, the books just seem to change, somehow.

Nightfall is great, as are most of her adult novels as well, I think.
She was one of the authors who started me on the adult stacks when I was
a kid...

Jackie