sadly ignorant

deborah deborah at suberic.net
Sat Jan 10 13:18:28 EST 2004

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Dorian E. Gray wrote:
|>  . Diane Duane's second cat wizard book has some steampunk elements, but
|>  it's kinda bad.
|
|Why do you think it's bad?  I like that book a lot, personally (though I'm
|not sure I'd have identified it with steampunk...or maybe, upon second
|thoughts, I would).  But I love the characters, the setting is great, the
|writing is transparent...I'm curious about why you didn't like it.

Much, much later...

Dunno.  In retrospect, it's not that bad, just that none of the Young
Wizards books have lived up the the promise of the first two, in my
opinion.  I've been downright annoyed by the last two Nita books.  So I
withdraw my "kinda bad" assessment.

-deborah
--
I get all my ideas in Switzerland near the Forka Pass. There is
a little town called Gletch, and two thousand feet up above