Genric Holiday Post (a Bit of Best of, a bit of Christmas Books)

Sally Odgers sodgers at tassie.net.au
Sat Jan 3 06:35:32 EST 2004

To compensate for
> this, my English has become a lot better during the past few years,
> due to using the Internet and reading more and more books in English.

It's very colloquial. The nearest I get to another language is a
husband-and-wife team in Sydney. They occasionally hire me to do
storylining. One is Polish, the other Israeli, and between them they speak
four languages (at least). Our only common language is English, which the
husband says he "is speaking not so very well". So, he thinks about what he
wants in Polish, then shifts to Yiddish to tell his wife. She sorts that
out, sifts it through Israeli and then shifts to English to tell me. It's
crazy, but it works!

Sallyo.