Asaro and Zettel (was Re: Generic Holiday Post)

meparks at mtholyoke.edu meparks at mtholyoke.edu
Thu Jan 1 11:52:11 EST 2004

Quoting Roger Burton West <roger at firedrake.org>:

(on Catherine Asaro)

> Space Romance? I know various publishers have tried to start SF-romance
> lines, usually with little success. Asaro certainly considers herself to
> be writing romances which happen to be science fiction, rather than the
> other way round; and she's not only a physicist but someone who _thinks_
> about physics, which helps a great deal.

I believe that Silhouette is launching a new line called Luna which is sf-
romance; there's already been a collection of short novels by authors including
Catherine Asaro and Mercedes Lackey, and I believe both of them have novels
coming out through Luna fairly soon.  Amazon also has a preorder option for an
anthology featuring Asaro and Bujold, Jennifer Roberson, and romance authors
including Jo Beverley and Mary Jo Putney.  It's called _Irresistable Forces_,
and while I don't think it's associated with the Luna line, it's of similar
nature.

I wonder if this one will succeed!  I wonder if Mercedes Lackey will tone down
her gay sex and rape for more mainstream romance novels!  Given the review of
her story in the first anthology I mentioned, it doesn't look like it.

lizzie ;)