Genric Holiday Post (a Bit of Best of, a bit of Christmas Books)

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 1 02:31:26 EST 2004

>Series that I thought Petered Out Midway Through: Juliet Marillier's
>Sevenwaters Trilogy.  I devoured Daughter of the Forest, read Son of the
>Shadows, and never finished Child of the Prophecy.

I entirely agree with this. I liked the first one a lot; I was pleasantly
surprised by how much actually, as I only bought the book out of curiosity
-- she is the ex-wife of the man who is married to my husband's
ex-girlfriend. I think the fairy tale underpinning the first book made it
much stronger and more interesting than the sequels, which lacked a similar
depth.

Robyn